The Board of Directors of the Dominica Lotteries Commission hereby stipulates its policy with respect to requests for funding.
Type of Assistance
Every year, part of the profits of the Dominica Lotteries Commission will be set aside specifically for granting financial assistance in promoting culture and sports development in Dominica.
Support may be provided for the following activities or projects:
- Local sporting events and cultural programmes;
- Training, coaching, seminars and workshops;
- Provision of equipment for sporting and cultural activities;
- Regional and International sporting and culturally related engagements;
- Community projects undertaken by cultural and sports organizations.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Applicants must be registered with a national or district endorsing/parent body. The following are the recognized categories of applicants and their respective endorsing/parent bodies:
District Cultural and Sports Council
Cultural and Sports Clubs
Endorsing / Parent Body
Ministry of Education, Youth Affairs and Sports / Ministry of Community Development & Gender Affairs
Cultural Division / Sports Division
Respective National Sports Association
District Cultural and Sports Councils through the Cultural and Sports Divisions
- The applicant must be a group or organization that has been functioning for at least one (1) year. To substantiate this claim, the applicant may be required to provide the following:
- Documentation of its constitution and the composition of its executive.
- A report of its activities of the year preceding the date of application.
- A plan of activities for the next year.
All organizations or groups requesting financial assistant must complete the official application form provided by the Dominica Lotteries Commission.
The completed application form must be submitted to the Dominica Lotteries Commission at least two (2) months prior to the date of the event for which funding is requested.
Each application must be accompanied by a project proposal which includes an itemized budget to substantiate the amount being requested.
Each application must be approved by the endorsing/parent body governing the applicant.
The applicant must satisfy the Dominica Lotteries Commission that it has raised sufficient funds otherwise, to help defray the cost of the event or project for which funding is being requested. The sufficiency of alternative funds raised will be determined by the Board.
Processing of Applications
The Board of Directors of the Dominica Lotteries Commission shall be the sole body responsible for the approval of applications.
The Board of Directors shall acknowledge the receipt of all applications.
These applications will be reviewed by the Board during its pre-scheduled meetings. It is therefore important that applications be submitted well in advance, because emergency meetings will not be convened to address any further request.
Approval of befitting applications or rejection of unsuitable applications will be done solely by the Board.
All applicants will be informed of the decision taken by the Board with respect to their requests.
Applicants who have been considered favourably must sign a written agreement to comply with obligations decreed by the Dominica Lotteries Commission.
Obligation of Beneficiary
The beneficiary is obligated to provide a report, including a financial statement and supporting receipts for purchases and payment and services, within one (1) month of the completion of the activity that was funded. The Dominica Lotteries Commission reserves the right to take appropriate action to recover funds not spent for the stated purpose.
Failure to comply with the reporting and accountability requirements of the Dominica Lotteries Commission will automatically disqualify the beneficiary from being considered for any assistance in the future.
The beneficiary is also obligated to publicly and positively promote the Dominica Lotteries Commission prior to, during and after the event for which funds were given.