No Special Number?
All draw games carry a QUICK PICK option which is a random selection of numbers by the terminal.
The DNL Random Number Generator creates also a completely random set of numbers and/or letters for each game.
Where to Buy Island Wide
With the Agent Locator tool find around the Island, places where you can play our games.
PICK 2 OFFICIAL
RULES & REGULATIONS
This document represents the official rules and regulations for the Dominica Lotteries Commission (hereafter referred to as DLC). The Pick 2 game, dated 30th June 2020, is a new fixed-prize, non-pari-mutuel, 2-digit number game designed for DLC. Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited manages the game on behalf of the DLC through its wholly owned subsidiary CBN Dominica Inc. (hereafter referred to as DNL) operating as Dominica National Lottery. All operations of the Pick 2 game run under the auspices of DNL are to be governed by these Rules and Regulations, which from time to time may be amended
- Game Description:
- Ticket Detail:
- Tickets may be purchased from authorized sellers or from the DLC Office. All tickets will be printed on paper provided by the DLC Office to its selling agents. All tickets will have the following information:
- ■ The first draw date and draw number range for which the ticket is valid.
- ■ The seller’s name and retailer number.
- ■ The time and date that the ticket was sold.
- ■ Ticket serial number.
- ■ The total price of the ticket.
- ■ The chosen two-digit number(s) played, its bet type and its bet amount.
The player is responsible for checking that the ticket contains the correct number(s), number of plays, draw date and is properly printed in every way. The DLC’s liability in the case of a misprinted ticket is limited to a replacement ticket of the same value.
- If there is a problem with a ticket, the only way for the player to receive a replacement is to immediately present the ticket to the selling agent. The selling agent can then cancel the ticket according to the rules described in section 4, ‘Ticket Cancellation’. Players can also bring the ticket to the DLC’s office, prior to the draw, for a replacement ticket.
- An original valid ticket constitutes the only acceptable evidence of a bet. Every ticket is a bearer instrument and the purchaser is solely responsible for its safekeeping. DLC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged tickets beyond its control. DLC recommends that players sign and print their full names at the back of their ticket(s) after purchase.
- If there is any conflict between the information on the central computer system and the information on the ticket, the former shall govern.
- Sales and Redemption:
- A single play for Inline and Mix bet types starts at one dollar ($1). Other bet amounts are available at $2, $5, $10, $20, with a maximum bet of $40.
- A single play for Backup bet type starts at two dollars ($2). Other bet amounts are available at $4, $10, $20, $40, with a maximum bet of $80.
- If there are any problems with a ticket and for some reason the ticket cannot be cancelled, the only way for the issuing seller to receive a refund is for the ticket to be presented to the DLC Head Office PRIOR to the draw. After the draw NO refunds or credits will be made.
- Under certain special circumstances, DLC may request (via newspaper advertisements or other suitable media) that holders of winning tickets present these tickets at the DLC head office by a published date.
- Only those tickets loaded into the central site computer are actually valid for the draw.
- Ticket Cancellation:
- The cancellation feature can be invoked for two reasons:
- A ticket is misprinted or damaged by the lottery terminal making the ticket unusable or unable to be sold, or
- An entry mistake is made by the lottery clerk and the player refuses to accept the ticket.
- Cancellations must occur within 60 minutes of the purchase of the ticket and prior to the first or only draw for which the ticket is eligible.
- The selling agent can cancel the ticket on the terminal and thereby receive full credit for that ticket once the cancellation occurs within the first 60 minutes after the ticket is purchased.
- Draw Times & Draw Procedures:
- The lottery terminals are programmed to stop selling tickets (5 mins) prior to the draw taking place.
- Following the integrity checks by the Auditors, the draw is conducted.
- One Animated Machine with two single chambers is loaded, each chamber with one (1) ball of each one-digit number (0, 1, 2, ..., 9). The balls are mixed, and two balls are randomly selected, one from each chamber.
- The draw will be broadcast on National Television and/Radio and witnessed by lottery staff and the official auditor, who is an employee of a recognized auditing firm. The winning numbers will be published in a local newspaper and at all selling locations.
- The only official winning numbers are the ones drawn. The numbers are then recorded and entered into the central site computer. DLC is not responsible for any errors in reporting the winning numbers.
- Play Method and Prizes:
- After the winning numbers are drawn and entered into the central site computer system, the system will process all the tickets entered into the draw and determine how many winning tickets were sold. The theoretical prize fund is determined as a fixed percentage of ticket sales. The actual prize payout for a given draw is determined by its ticket sales and winning bets.
- All prizes are calculated on a fixed basis. The amount paid to each winner is determined by the bet type and the bet amount.
- After the winning numbers are drawn and entered into the central site computer system, the system will process all the tickets entered into the draw and determine how many winning tickets were sold.
- If for any reason a winner does not claim his or her prize within 90 days of the draw, his or her prize is considered “unclaimed” and the monies will be used as per the agreed conditions governing the use of unclaimed prizes.
- Claiming Prizes:
- Prizes up to and including $999 may be claimed from any retailer or at the DLC Central Office. Prizes valued at $1,000 or more must be claimed at the DLC Central Office or any advertised additional prize payment centers in person.
- All tickets are subject to validation tests by the DLC office personnel and DNL. Tickets which are in any way defective, (e.g. misprinted, incompletely printed, miscut, or representative of an illegal play), are invalid. Evidence of tampering, mutilation, alteration, reconstitution, etc. will also render tickets invalid and may lead to criminal prosecution. The decision of the Manager of the DLC and DNL in any question regarding eligibility and/or validity of any ticket is final.
- Prizes must be claimed within ninety (90) days of the draw date, unless otherwise announced.
- Any prize not collected within 90 days of the draw date will be considered unclaimed. With the approval of NLA unclaimed prizes maybe returned to players in the form of prize money or special prizes. Actions that DLC may undertake to accomplish this may include, but are not limited to: funding bonus draws, awarding prizes in special promotions, and adding to future prize amounts.
- Prize winners asked to do so by DLC must give their name and address and satisfactorily establish their identity. Note that DLC and DNL reserve the right to publish the names, addresses and photographs of all the winners and to use video and audio footage or clippings in any promotional activity.
- Winners of all cash prizes must sign the winning ticket and surrender it to the seller or at the DLC office when paid in full.
- All prizes of $1,000 or greater will be paid by cheque only.
- Winners must not be involved in any attempt to defraud the DLC and DNL. Any person attempting to defraud the DLC will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Under special circumstances, the Manager of the DLC has the right to delay or defer payment of a prize for up to ninety (90) days from the draw date.
- All prizes are payable in EC dollars only.
- A player with a winning play will win a single cash prize at the highest eligible prize level only for that play. A single ticket can have more than one winning play on it.
- Employees, shareholders (of 5% or more of equity), directors, their spouses and dependent family members are not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from Pick 2 operated by DNL, DLC and the NLA. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
- Employees, directors, their spouses and dependent family members of Canadian Bank Note Company, Ltd. And CBN Dominica Inc. is not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from Pick 2 operated by DNL and the DLC. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
- Employees, shareholders (of 5% or more of equity), directors, their spouses and dependent family members of any advertising agencies or public relations firms are not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from Pick 2 operated by DNL and the DLC. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
- Employees, shareholders (of 5% or more of equity), directors, their spouses and dependent family members of the auditing firms are not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from Pick 2 operated by DNL and the DLC. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
The Pick 2 game involves allowing members of the public to select two (2) digits from the range of 00 to 99 and play those digits for a specific bet amount for the current draw and possibly future draws. There are three bet types: Inline, (2-Way) Mix and Backup. All data regarding tickets sold for a particular draw are compiled at the Central site computer. A draw will take place three times daily, six days per week, except Sundays and public holidays. One winning number consisting of two (2) digits with each digit between zero (0) and nine (9) is selected by a Two-Chambered Animated Drawing Machine.
Prizes will be awarded as follows
Inline bet – if matches the winning two-digit number in the exact order drawn.
(2-Way) Mix bet – if matches the winning two-digit number in any order drawn
Note that one (1) Backup bet is comprised of one (1) Inline bet and one (1) Mix bet.
Prizes for all bet types will be calculated on a fixed basis.