No Special Number?
All draw games carry a QUICK PICK option which is a random selection of numbers by the terminal.
The DNL Random Number Generator creates also a completely random set of numbers and/or letters for each game.
Where to Buy Island Wide
With the Agent Locator tool find around the Island, places where you can play our games.
RULES & REGULATIONS
The following Rules and Regulations have been adopted by the Dominica Lotteries Commission (DLC) and shall govern the operation of the Tic-Tac-Toe lottery game. The Canadian Bank Note Company, Ltd. (CBN) manages Tic-Tac-Toe and all other DLC lottery games under contract with the DLC through its wholly owned subsidiary, CBN Dominica, Inc. operating as the Dominica National Lottery (DNL).
All sellers and players of Tic-Tac-Toe are to be governed by these Rules and Regulations, which from time to time may be amended by the DNL subject to the approval of the DLC.
- Game Description:
- Tic-Tac-Toe is a ‘Quick Pick’ only game in which the player simply asks for a ticket. Tic-Tac-Toe ticket has a randomly selected set of nine (9) numbers from a pool of 21 numbers (01 -21) in the standard three-by-three (3 x 3) Tic-Tac-Toe matrix as seen below.
- Ticket Detail:
- Tic-Tac-Toe tickets may be purchased only from DNL authorized retail agents during their normal business hours or from an DNL office. Tic-Tac-Toe tickets are issued only by DNL online system terminals and printed only on paper provided by the DNL to its authorized agents. The sale period for any given Tic-Tac-Toe lottery draw will terminate on the date of the drawing at a time to be determined by the DNL. Advance sales shall be limited to the next 10 draws including the current draw.
- Tic-Tac-Toe tickets will include, at minimum, the following information:
- ■ The game name Tic-Tac-Toe
- ■ The first draw date and draw number range for which the ticket is valid
- ■ The Retailer name and number
- ■ The date and time that the ticket was sold
- ■ The ticket serial number
- ■ The ticket validation number
- ■ The total price of the ticket
- ■ The Quick Pick Tic-Tac-Toe grid with the randomly generated numbers
The purchaser is responsible for checking that the ticket contains the correct information and is properly printed in every way. The DNL’s liability in the case of a misprinted ticket is limited to a replacement ticket of the same value.
- If there is a problem with a ticket, the only way for the purchaser to receive a replacement is to immediately present the ticket to the selling agent who can cancel the ticket as provided for in these Rules and Regulations, Section 4. Purchasers can also bring a defective ticket to the DNL’s head office, prior to the draw, for a replacement ticket.
It is advised that the purchaser verify that a ticket is complete and valid upon receipt.
- An original valid ticket constitutes the only acceptable evidence of a Tic-Tac-Toe wager. Facsimiles, copies, or other reproductions of any kind are not evidence of possession of a valid Tic-Tac-Toe ticket. Every ticket is a bearer instrument and the purchaser is solely responsible for its safekeeping. DNL is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged tickets beyond its control. DNL recommends that purchasers print and sign their full names on the back of their ticket(s) after purchase.
- If there is any conflict between the information on the central computer system and the information on the ticket, the former shall govern.
- Sales and Redemption:
- A single Tic-Tac-Toe play can range from two dollars (EC$2.00) to twenty dollars (EC$20.00).
- If there are any problems with a ticket and for some reason the ticket cannot be cancelled, the only way for the issuing seller to receive a refund is for the ticket to be presented to the DNL Head Office PRIOR to the draw. After the draw NO refunds or credits will be made.
- Under certain special circumstances, DNL may request (via newspaper advertisements or other suitable media) that holders of winning tickets present these tickets at the DNL head office by a published date.
- Only those tickets loaded into the central site computer are actually valid for the draw.
- Ticket Cancellation:
- A ticket may be cancelled for one of the following reasons:
- The ticket is misprinted or damaged by the online lottery terminal rendering the ticket unreadable, unusable or unable to be sold.
- An entry mistake is made by the lottery clerk and the player refuses to accept the ticket.
- Cancellations must take place by the selling agent or the DNL’s Administrative office.
- Cancellations must occur within an hour after the ticket is printed.
- Draw Times & Draw Procedures:
- A Tic-Tac-Toe draw shall consist of a selection of seven (7) winning numbers from the field of twenty-one numbers (01 to 21) by a Random Number Generator (RNG).
- The DNL shall develop and propagate official procedures for the conduct of Tic-Tac-Toe winning number draws. The DNL shall engage a recognized auditing firm, an employee of which shall participate in, witness and certify that every draw is conducted properly according to the official procedures.
- Tic-Tac-Toe draws will be broadcast on national radio and/or television. Winning numbers shall be available on the DNL’s official Draw Results Hotline, DNL website, DNL social media sites and at all online ticket selling locations, and may also be published in a local newspaper(s). The only official winning numbers are the ones drawn and entered into the DNL central site online computer. The DNL is not responsible for any errors in reporting the winning numbers.
- Play Method and Prizes:
- After the winning numbers are drawn and entered into the central site computer system, the system will process all the tickets entered into the draw and determine how many winning tickets were sold.
- Tic-Tac-Toe is a game in which players must match winning numbers in established line patterns on their Tic-Tac-Toe tickets, horizontally, vertically and diagonally. The more lines made the higher the prize value. See below.
X X X X X X X X X O O O O O O O O O X X X O O O
- Tic-Tac-Toe has a fixed payout for each line/prize level. Based on the Tic-Tac-Toe play price of $2.00, the following table provides the odds of winning each prize and the prize amount:
Pattern Odds 1: Prize Any 5 Lines 58,786.0 $5000 Any 4 Lines 9,798.0 $400 Any 3 Lines 555.3 $30 Any 2 Lines 57.8 $10 Any 1 Line 5.9 $4
- Claiming Prizes:
- Prizes up to and including $999 may be claimed from any retailer or at the DNL Central Office. Prizes valued at $1,000 or more must be claimed at the DNL Central Office or any advertised additional prize payment centers in person.
- All tickets are subject to validation tests by the DNL office personnel and CBND. Tickets which are in any way defective, (e.g. misprinted, incompletely printed, miscut, or representative of an illegal play), are invalid. Evidence of tampering, mutilation, alteration, reconstitution, etc. will also render tickets invalid and may lead to criminal prosecution. The decision of the Manager of the DNL and CBND in any question regarding eligibility and/or validity of any ticket is final.
- Prizes must be claimed within ninety (90) days of the draw date, unless otherwise announced.
- Any prize not collected within ninety (90) days of the draw date will be considered unclaimed. With the approval of NLA unclaimed prizes maybe returned to players in the form of prize money or special prizes. Actions that DNL may undertake to accomplish this may include, but are not limited to: funding bonus draws, awarding prizes in special promotions, and adding to future prize amounts.
- Prize winners asked to do so by DNL must give their name and address and satisfactorily establish their identity. All high tier winners of Tic tac toe will be photographed and must agree to take part in the advertising and public notification of the prize winning as a condition of delivery of their prize payment. Note that DNL and CBND reserve the right to publish the names, addresses and photographs of all the winners and to use video and audio footage or clippings in any promotional activity.
- Winners of all cash prizes must sign the winning ticket and surrender it to the seller or at the DNL office when paid in full.
- All prizes of $999 or greater will be paid by cheque only.
- Winners must not be involved in any attempt to defraud the DNL and CBND. Any person attempting to defraud the DNL will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Under special circumstances, the Manager of the DNL has the right to delay or defer payment of a prize for up to ninety (90) days from the draw date.
- All prizes are payable in EC dollars only.
- Liability of the DLC and DNL:
- Only those tickets registered in the DNL central site online computer system are valid for a draw. If there is any conflict between the information in the DNL central site online computer system and the information on the printed ticket, the former shall govern.
The liability of the DLC and DNL for tickets printed or produced in error or for defective tickets shall be limited to the replacement of the defective ticket with another ticket by the agent or reimbursement to the holder at the retail sale price of the ticket.
- Participation and Eligibility Limitations
- Employees, shareholders (of 5% or more of equity), directors, their spouses and dependent family members are not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from Tic-Tac-Toe operated by CBND, DNL and the DLC. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
- Employees, directors, their spouses and dependent family members of Canadian Bank Note Company, Ltd. and CBN Dominica Inc. are not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from Tic-Tac-Toe operated by CBN and the DNL. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
- Employees, shareholders (of 5% or more of equity), directors, their spouses and dependent family members of any advertising agencies or public relations firms are not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from Tic-Tac-Toe operated by CBN and the DNL. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
- Employees, shareholders (of 5% or more of equity), directors, their spouses and dependent family members of the auditing firms are not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from Tic-Tac-Toe operated by CBN and the DNL. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
There will initially be a single evening draw from Monday to Saturday, weekly. At each draw Seven (7) numbers will be selected randomly from a Random Number Generator (RNG) and matched by the player to the numbers displayed on his/her ticket to form lines. Players win every time a line is made, lines must include three (3) winning numbers horizontally, vertically or diagonally. The more lines made, the higher the prize won. The base cost of a single Tic-Tac-Toe play shall be $2.00, except as may be established for special game options and/or special draws.
The selling agent can cancel the ticket on the terminal and thereby receive full credit for that ticket once the cancellation occurs immediately after the ticket is purchased and/or prior to the draw for which the ticket is eligible for.
The DNL conducts Tic-Tac-Toe winning number draws six days a week, Monday to Saturday, at times convenient to the play of the game and the broadcasting of the draws via appropriate media. Exceptions to an established schedule or time shall be announced in advance. The online lottery terminals are programmed to stop selling Tic-Tac-Toe tickets prior to a scheduled draw taking place.
Members of the following defined groups are not permitted to play, claim and/or win any prizes from Tic-Tac-Toe: